Saturday, 3 November 2012

Online Mobile Visa Status Inquiry for Dubai

UAE Visa Status by Passport No
The website from Dubai immigration dept. provides a Query DNRD App page to inquire about the visa status and other immigration applications. The following application's status can be inquired through the Dubai immigration portal by entering basic application information.
  • Entry permit validity
  • Residence validity
  • eDNRD Application
  • eFORM Application
  • Residence Application Status
Dubai immigration also launched a smart mobile application for checking the status and validity of visit visas and other immigration transactions. The new service from General Department of Residency and Foreign Affairs in Dubai will enable the public to inquire about the status of Dubai visas and other immigration transactions.
DNRD eServices is a fully integrated immigration processing system designed to minimize the time you spend on managing your application and other transactions with DNRD. Major General Mohammad Ahmed Al Marri is the Director-General of the GDRFAD and users don't need to register to use the online visa enquiry services.

Click here to view the Visa Status

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Overstaying Charges in UAE

overstay in uae
The overstaying charges will come for children or wife or anyone else who has overstayed in UAE for more than 30 days after cancelling their visa. Most situations arise when a sponsor lost his job and has to cancel his dependant's visa before getting his new visa. Then the family member's visa has to be cancelled who are on husband's sponsorship.

You should be out of UAE within 30 days after cancelling the visa. What will happen if you stay back in the UAE for more than 30 days after cancelling visa? What would be the fine for each day of overstay? Or, will it become a police case? Read below for the answers.

As per the immigrations rules, one has to leave the country within 30 days after cancellation of visa. Since the children's visas were cancelled on September 3, they are either supposed to stamp new visas or leave the country within 30 days.

In case of overstay, they will be subject to fine only. Please note that it will not become a criminal case. However, your children will be subject to a fine of Dh120 each for the first day and thereafter Dh25 for each day. Furthermore, you can contact directly AMER service on 8005111, a 24-hour hotline for visa and naturalization issues, recently opened by the government for such queries.

Update 17-02-2014

As per DNRD website overstay fines should be paid by the violators of the Entry and Residence of Foreigners Law (who stay in the UAE over the legal period specified according to the validity of their entry permit.)

Required Documents: 
  1. Original and copy of the relevant applicant passport.
  2. Copy of entry permit (If available)

A revised fees of AED(50) will be collected per day.

Related Items:

Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Border control looking to provide proactive protection for the fight against organized crime

by Zainulthplus Tag


Border control programme was launched yesterday morning in Abu Dhabi, the work and activities of the forum first Gulf on border control and ports organized by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) for the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), in cooperation with the General Directorate for Naturalization, Residency and Ports Ministry of Interior.

Brigadier Abdullah Sahoo, General Manager, General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Sharjah, the Interior Ministry has always sought to create a proactive protection system to combat organized crime, due to the development and growing and multiple methods of crime under the technological breakthroughs taking place in all countries of the world.

He said that the UAE precede many countries in the regulations, where better tracking systems that help verify people coming to the state, including iris scan, fingerprint, face, thanks to the directives of HH Lt. General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior.

He pointed to low rates of organized crime in the state during the current year compared with previous years, building on the efforts of the ministry in the fight against these crimes, which pose a serious risk to society as a whole.

The Hatem Fouad Ali, representative of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, cite that the ever-increasing number of people moving from across the GCC illegally, poses a threat to the sovereignty and national security details as well as the economy of these countries, where these include immigration mix complex of refugees, and researchers from seekers, and migrants to improve their economic conditions and other migrants.

He pointed out that criminal networks multinational based marketing and facilitating illegal immigration of humans across international borders, relying on modern techniques for the issuance of passports and other documents false identification, pointing out that many of the countries of the Middle East are either areas of origin or of transit or destination final.

The Hatem Fouad Ali said that in recent years has been monitoring a marked increase in the number of immigrants displaced from Africa and the Levant and the countries of Central Asia, in addition to traditional areas other of East Asia and Southeast Asia, pointing out that the Working Group during the first meeting you examine and investigate the risks and threats potential within this area specifically, and the modus operandi of smugglers and traffickers, including travel routes and the credibility of the passport and visa clearance processes, and the importance of sharing information and special investigations immigration, and the possibility of unification of regional strategies.

He explained that the forum provides an opportunity for participants to establish working relationships with their counterparts in the immigration agencies and border neighbors, to enable them to discuss issues of common concern, where is likely to allow this to neighboring countries to develop assessment threats, and to find solutions for risk management at the individual level and the common alike, in the areas of common border or common interest.

Monday, 15 October 2012

Law of Inheritance in UAE


The basis for the law of inheritance in the UAE is according to the Sharia or Islamic law. If your father/mother/siblings/wife/children died while having assets in UAE you can claim them by getting a succession/heirship certificate from the authorities in your home country and from the Sharia court in UAE.

For example if your brother has died, his assets has to be distributed by the court among his legal heirs in accordance with the UAE Law No.28 of 2005, concerning Personal Status (Family Law). Article 1 of the law book states that
: 'The provisions of this Law shall apply to non-UAE nationals unless the foreigner elects to apply his or her personal status law'.

The basis for the law of inheritance in the UAE is found in Shariah. Keeping in view of this, you need to take the following legal actions to claim and settle the assets of your deceased brother.

Steps to claim/settle the personal belongings (assets owned by the deceased such as cash in the bank, property or car in this case) of the deceased:

  1. A case must be filed in the Shariah Court for the establishment of succession certificates. A relative (such as father, mother, brother, sister, wife, son or daughter) of the deceased should go to the Court along with two witnesses who know the entire family of the deceased and give evidence about the legal heirs of the deceased. In such a case, the Court will issue a judgment listing the legal heirs of the deceased and the respective percentage of his/her share in the estate of the deceased. It is pertinent to note that the Court will apply the law of the deceased if required and produced by the legal heirs for determining the respective percentage of his/her share in the estate of the deceased.
  2. Alternately, obtain a succession/heirship certificate abroad from the court in the country where he died (Pakistan in this case), duly attested, in order to determine the legal heirs of the deceased and the respective percentage of his/her share in the estate of the deceased. In such a case, the law of the deceased's country will be applicable.
  3. Guardianship certificate (if a legal heir is a minor, or  legally disqualified person) from the relevant court duly attested as mentioned below, mentioning the name of the guardian for the minor or legally disqualified legal heir.
  4. No-objection certificate or power of attorney must be obtained from the other legal heirs mentioned in the succession/heirship certificate if they cannot appear before the court.
  5. File a case in the Shariah Court for execution of succession certificates and distribution of the Estate of the Deceased. The court will distribute the assets of your deceased brother among the legal heirs.

Thursday, 11 October 2012

Unified Number in UAE Emirates ID

Unified Number (UID No.) is a mandatory item to be filled in the application for UAE Emirates ID. Emirates ID system was launched in 2010 by Federal council of United Arab Emirates to maintain population system of UAE.

Without unified number an application for Emirates ID is incomplete and you must present the sufficient documents such as residence sticker or proof of UID No.

You will not have a UID No. in your hand if you have just entered UAE through a residence visa and your residence visa is not stamped yet.
Unified number (uid) in UAE visa
Six digit unified number (uid) is highlighted in this visa page
What is the procedure to get Unified No. (UID No.) for applying Emirates ID if you only have residence entry permit issued and visa is not stamped in passport yet?

You can visit nearest GDRFA branch along with your original passport plus the entry permit to be able to obtain your Unified ID number.

Normally typing centers in UAE are entering 999999 in the space of UID No. and later when the residence sticker is requested by Emirates ID department the customer has to again visit the typing center with original passport and scan the stamped residence visa which has the Unified id number within 5 working days and resubmit the application through typing centre.

Thursday, 20 September 2012

Government employee allowances in UAE

The UAE Government employee rules states that if the employment contract contains that his department will pay for the annual ticket for himself and his approved family dependents; then he has the eligibility to claim all his rights in the contract agreement. 

In UAE the relationship between an employee and company employer is regulated by the labour agreement. If the contract agreement between them creates rights or obligations for an employee or on his employer they have to follow this agreement.

So far an husband is entitled to claim airfare for his authorised dependents like wife and child from his company if it is stated in the labour contract although his wife may work for another company. The husband is entitled to receive all allowances like House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, etc specified in his labor contract. The employer should not deduct the husband's salary with the amount of allowances his spouse is receiving from her employer.

The relationship between the husband and his employer is controlled by the labour agreement. Hence, the husband has the eligibilty to get all his rights in the agreement with his company.

Source: uae labor law

Sunday, 9 September 2012

UAE Rental Law for Sub Lease contract

In the recent news outbreak of Saudi conman lease scam the people should be more aware about the sub lease contract agreement in UAE. As per the RERA Dubai the sub lease agreements should not be made unless the tenant has written approval from the landlord or property owner for sub lease. People are falling prey to fraudsters because of insufficient information about laws in the emirates.

UAE Rental Law concerning to the sub lease is following one.

According to Law No 26, Article 8, 2007 Regulating Relationship Between Landlords and Tenants In The Emirate of Dubai, sublease contract between tenant and subtenant shall expire by expiry of tenancy contract between landlord and tenant, unless landlord expressly agrees on the extension of sublease contract period. The law also states that if the tenant sublease premises, or part thereof, without the landlord's written approval and in such case eviction shall be applicable to subtenant, and his right to refer to tenant for compensation shall be reserved.

Read more about the recent sub lease rental scam case in Dubai at Khaleejtimes

Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Documents required for Residence Visa in UAE

The document requirements for New residence entry permit or to get a Residence visa for a baby born inside UAE are following.

The children born inside any of the emirates can get his / her visa stamped on his / her passport within 120 days from date of birth. The sponsor has to obtain the below & attend at GDRFA to get the visa stamped on his / her passport:

  • Application form from the typing center.
  • Original passport for the sponsored.
  • Passport photocopy for the sponsor.
  • 3 Photos for the sponsored.
  • Work contract if the sponsor is working in private company and salary certificate if he is working in the government and the salary must be not less than 3000 AED basic + accommodation or 4000 AED.
  • Original Birth Certificate attested from Health Authority.
  • Original Emirates ID Card for the sponsor. 
  • AED 130 adding new born baby inside the country.
  • Stamping for the private companies: AED 250 for 2 years + Typing Fees.
  • Stamping for governmental companies, Semi-Governmental & free zone companies: AED 350 for 3 years + Typing Fees.

The anwer for the the question below question is clearly delivered from Amer service. Is there any requirement of tenancy contract in your name as you are living along with your brother or other family members and tenancy contract is in their name. Should you get a tenancy contract in your name to obtain a Residence visa. The answer is that the sponsor Should get tenancy contract in his name to obtain a visa.

Sunday, 24 June 2012

Notary Public Document Attestation in UAE

The following documents can be attested by Notary Public in UAE from Dubai Courts, Abu Dhabi Courts and Sharjah Courts. Notary Public office in Dubai is located in Al Twar Centre near Al Qusais Metro Station.

The notary public services are essential for expatriates to get some services in their home country for education and loan purposes. This service is essential to approve to the power of attorney and sworn affidavit documents.
  • Vehicle Title Transfers
  • Online Driver's Exams
  • Diploma and School Transcript Certification
  • Powers of Attorney
  • Loan Documents
  • Affidavits
  • Wills
  • Apostilles and Authentications
  • Permissions for Minor to Travel
  • Oaths for Telephone Depositions
  • Grant Deeds, Warranty Deeds, and Quitclaim Deeds
  • Authentication of documents going to foreign countries
  • Other documents approved by the Notary Public

Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Short-term visit visa rules in UAE

Short-term visit visas in UAE are entry permits for staying in UAE for a period of 30 days. When applying for a short-term visa the following questions will come in for the applicant.
  1. What are the rules of short-term visit visa?
  2. How many days is it valid for staying in UAE?
  3. Is there a one month grace period after the expiry date of the short-term visit visa in UAE?
According to Article 39, point B of the Federal Law Number 6 for the year 1973 Concerning Immigration and Residence, the short term visit visa allows its holder to be in the country of United Arab Emirates for 30 days only. This visa allows its holder to enter the country once only, and is valid for two months from its issuance date. Additionally, the period of this visa is non-renewable. It means that there is no one month grace period after 30 days from entering the country.

Read also:


Sunday, 5 February 2012

Emirates ID Card Status Can Be Viewed Online


UAE Emirates ID
UAE Emirates ID
Emirates ID Authority in UAE has enabled a new service called Emirates ID status to view the application status. The service allows applicants to track down the progress of their submitted application for Renewal, Replacement or New Emirates ID Card.

Emirates ID is the new national identity card introduced by Federal Council of United Arab Emirates in an effort to register the personal data of the whole population in the country and storing the same at the electronic data bases in coordination with the competent authorities.

This is a smart identity card to identify all population of UAE and their bio metrics are recorded at the time of first registration. It is not required to visit again to record the finger print at the time of visa renewal. The person who cancelled residence visa of his family and can apply for the new one with a copy.

You can Emirates ID status for new applications, renewal and replacement applications. To check the status of your ID Card Application, you have to enter your Application Number (PRAN) for new Emirates ID or you can enter your old Emirates ID Number if your application is for Renewal / Replacement.

On submitting the PRAN or ID number the following information will be displayed where you can know the present status of your ID application. The applicant name and details along with the current status and application history log will be displayed.

Sunday, 8 January 2012

Re-Entry Permit for Residence in Dubai for Staying 180 days outside UAE


A RESIDENT VISA HOLDER STAYING OUTSIDE U.A.E. FOR MORE THAN 180 DAYS has to obtain a Re Entry Residence Permit in Dubai.

As per the new immigration law a resident visa holder staying outside the U.A.E. for more than 180 days has to complete some procedures before re-entering into Dubai.

He/she can staying outside U.A.E. for more than 180 days is considered on some conditions and the procedure has to be completed by the sponsor for re-entering of sponsored person into Dubai.

In case the holder of Dubai resident visa stayed outside UAE for more than 180 days his visa will be blocked. Some persons are exempted from visa block. The details of exemption are given in the re-entry exempted list.

For example, If the exit from U.A.E. was on 03-Jul-2011 and intend to come back on 28-Feb-2012 (6 months + extra 2 months) sponsor has to complete the below mentioned procedures for unblocking the residence visa.

The sponsor has to obtain the following documents and attend at GDRFA to apply for a re-entry permit since he is the sponsor & the sponsored person exceeded 180 days outside UAE: 
  • Application form from typing center.
  • A certificate for the case reason attested from UAE Embassy + Ministry of Foreign Affairs "within the same country" + Ministry of Foreign Affairs inside UAE approves the reason of staying that whole period outside UAE. 
  • The person passport copy along with the sponsor passport copy. 
  • AED 130 fees for that service. 
  • AED 100 for each month exceeding the 180 days.
  • The sponsored UAE Residence Visa should be valid. 
  • The matter is subject to approval from GDRFA.
You may contact General Directorate of Residency & Foreigners Affairs-Dubai for more information.

Toll-free    : 8005111
Tel (Int.)    :+971 4 313 9999
Fax          :+971 4 501 1111
Email       :

Related items:


Re-Entry Permit Exempted Persons

DNRD has exempted some persons from  obtaining re-entry residence permit in Dubai. According to the Immigration Department the expiry of your residence visa does not mean that your residence visa will be cancelled. You will not able to re-enter the UAE on a visit or residence visa if your previous residence visa wasn't cancelled.

The company or sponsor has to visit the UAE Immigration Department with your Passport and Application form from typing center for cancellation process. This can be done even if you are not in U.A.E. but your passport should be presented in original to the residency department. After cancellation Passport will be returned back at the same time.

Exceptions to resident visa holder staying outside UAE for more than 180 days.

  1. Foreign wife of a UAE citizen 
  2. Domestic helpers accompanying an Emirati citizen who is abroad for studying or medical treatment. 
  3. Expatriates going abroad for medical treatment considered they are working or sent by a UAE government department. A medical report approved by the UAE Ministry of Health, or the Medical Services of the UAE Armed Forces or UAE Police must be provided. 
  4. Employees and domestic helpers accompanying employees of diplomatic and consular missions in the UAE. 
  5. Expats employed in the UAE Public Sector for job or training. 
  6. Expat students joined in the UAE university but studying overseas as part of their course.
Apart from the above exempted categories all others have to either take a re-entry permit or cancel their residence visa and apply for a new visa.

Read also:

Search Here