Ministry of Labour allows the Labour Card Cancellation of employees who are currently outside the UAE if some conditions are met. UAE employees who stay outside the Emirates for more than six months can have their work-permit cards cancelled. The company must submit evidence of absence along with the required documents of employee dues settlement. As per the labour laws, the labour card will be automatically cancelled after six months if the worker resides out of UAE for six months.
- The residence visa of employee should be cancelled at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
- All fees due for the company for not issuing or renewing the labour card on time must be paid.
- The establishment should have an e-signature card.
The application for cancelling labour card for an employee who has been outside the UAE for more than 6 months should be submitted to the MOL along with a copy of the specimen signature card of the company.
Steps for Cancellation
- The employee should first cancel his/her residence visa in the immigration at General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
- The application for cancelling work-permit card for an employee who has been outside the UAE must be printed and signed, and required documents should be scanned at typing offices, Tasheel service centers or through the establishments participating in the Ministry's e-forms program.
- If the above conditions are met, then the transaction will be executed. The company can get the approval notice and number by visiting the Ministry's website: http://www.mol.gov.ae
The application for cancelling the work-permit card of a worker who has left the UAE must be submitted in the MOL website through typing offices, Tasheel service centers or through the centers participating in the Ministry's e-forms program.