Wednesday, 28 August 2013

How to check UAE Visa status online?

Residents can now check the UAE Visa Status through online. The real time website of immigration is now enabled to give the status of Entry permit validity, eDNRD Application Status, eForm Appplication Status and Residence validity. The service is provided by GDRFA-Dubai through eDNRD website.

Dubai city is a secure place in the world with different nationalities that has endless ways to enjoy and gain experience. The online service has enabled the completion of transactions of GDRFA through online systems. This has reduced the time spend in the administration building or service centers of immigration department.

GDRFA-D eServices is an online integrated immigration processing system designed to reduce the time you spend on making your application and other transactions with GDRFA-D. All details should be provided as per the residence visa stamped in your passport to check your UAE Visa Status. If your visa is issued from Dubai, then you can check online through the DNRD website. Look for the term "Query DNRD App" in

How to Sponsor Domestic Help in UAE

People who need help with their household chores can appoint domestic help under their sponsorship in Abu Dhabi. Domestic help includes house maids, babysitters, cooks, drivers, servants, etc. For this the sponsor should be in the category with certain conditions set by the immigration department. The domestic help may be recruited through an authorized recruitment agency but the employing person should be the sponsor of the recruit and is responsible for arranging the visa for the domestic help. The costs involved for visa process and providing accommodation for the sponsored is also the responsibility of Sponsor. Expatriates can only get house maid visa.

Basically employing a domestic help in UAE involves two steps:

  1. Getting an entry permit for the worker to enter the country
  2. Stamping residence visa in the passport for him/her to live here

Sponsoring House Maid by Expatriates

The resident expatriates must have a minimum monthly salary of not less than AED 6,000 to sponsor a house maid. The sponsor should submit his work contract if he is employed in private sector or salary certificate for public sector, along with a list that give the details of the residence visa of family members under his sponsorship. If the house maid is from the same nationality fo the sponsor, then a letter is required from the sponsor’s embassy/consulate in the UAE to prove that there is no relationship (kinship) between the sponsor and the housemaid.

Expatriate residents can sponsor a housemaid only if they are living with their families, and the application will be rejected if there are no residence visas for all family members under the sponsorship of the head of family.
If the sponsor is an investor, the documents certifying that the fulfillment of the special conditions for business partners and investors are required along with the application for house maid visa. This includes a university degree for the sponsor in his area of activity or a bank guarantee of at least 70,000 Dirhams paid at General Directorate of Residence and Foreigners Affairs - Abu Dhabi (GDRFA).

Monday, 26 August 2013

Need Sworn Affidavit to take new Passport for family in India

Indians are required to take a sworn affidavit or NOC to issue new passport for spouse or children in India. As per the new passport rules; to apply a passport for a minor, both parents should be present to apply, or if one parent is absent then a consent in the prescribed format is needed which should be duly attested by the Indian Consulate/Embassy if one parent being abroad. This consent or sworn affidavit in original should be submitted along with passport application. The affidavit from parent residing in India also should be submitted.


This NOC is required if have to apply for new passport for your children / wife in India and you are residing in UAE.  You will need to send a No Objection Certificate (NOC) affidavit to apply for the new passport for children and wife in India. The following documents are required to get the same from the Indian Mission in UAE. The service is available on Friday at Indian Association office in Dubai, Sharjah and other emirates.

  1. Personal presence of the father /mother/ husband making the NOC affidavit.
  2. Valid passport in original and a photocopy (first / last and valid visa page).
  3. Sworn Affidavit in the prescribed format along with a photocopy. (This document has to be signed in the presence of the Consular Officer).
  4. In case of minor born in India, copy of the birth certificate in English has to be produced.
  5. Old passport copy incase passport is being renewed.
  6. Spouse name has to be endorsed for giving NOC to new/renew passport of the other spouse or children
Download FORM : SA (Misc)-II

Fees for sworn affidavit

Attestation Fee AED 40
Service Fee AED 10
Total Payable AED 60

If both parents are present in India at the time of passport application for new born; the this sworn affidavit is not required.

Sunday, 25 August 2013

How to check visa number on UAE visa

The visa number can be found on the Visa sticker stamped in your passport page and also on new entry permits if you are coming to UAE for the first time. The number can be seven or more characters long and is printed next to Entry Permit No. in the new entry permits and located next to “File” in the visa sticker on your passport. Be advised that the "Barcode Number" or “Control number” under the barcode is not the Visa number; it is purely used for the recognition by the barcode readers in the immigration department.

Visa number is given as Entry Permit No. starting with 201/YYYY/XXXXXXXX in new entry permits and a number starting with 201/YYYY/XXXXXXX next to "File" in the sticker stamped in your passport.

Please click here to check the status of your UAE visa application and follow the instructions. If your application is approved it will show the status.

The toll-free number (8005111) of immigration department’s Amer service will provide your enquiries on visa and residency issues of the General Directorate for Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai. The new eDNRD system is applicable for all applicants and should use eforms for the applications.

Visa Renewal before Expiry

Can I renew my residence visa 70 days before its expiry because I am going for medical treatment and I cannot comeback to UAE before the expiry of visa. You are kindly requested to follow this matter with the residency section as the residence visa can be renewed one month before or after the expiration of your residence visa.

Friday, 23 August 2013

Entry Permits to Abu Dhabi


Sometimes prior arrangement of entry permit is required for travelling to Abu Dhabi - capital city of UAE. The type of visa arrangement changes depending on the purpose of visit and duration of stay in Abu Dhabi. The citizens of some countries are granted visas on arrival at the Abu dhabi airport, while others are required to obtain it from the UAE embassies and consulates across the globe or through authorised travel agents prior to travelling.

Etihad airways is also arranging visa for travellers who had booked their flight tickets through Etihad. etihad airlines is the official carrier of Abu dhabi city. Those people who are on a visit visa are not allowed to take up any kind of employment in the country with or without salary as per the UAE law. 
The visitors entry permit allows the visitor to visit the different parts of Abu dhabi and other emirates in UAE.

Working while on a visitor entry permit is illegal and punishable by uae law. the visa rules change frequently so please check them before travelling to abu dhabi or other emirates.

Thursday, 22 August 2013

Work Permit Replacement

A work permit replacement is possible if the establishment need a new work permit while they have another approved one that is not used. Instead of submitting a new application for obtaining a work permit they can use the approved one with due fees have been paid along with the application for replacement. The UAE Ministry of Labour will issue the new permit.

The following conditions should be fulfilled to obtain the permit.
  1. The business license shall be valid.
  2. The bank guarantee and fees of the work permit to be replaced shall be paid.
  3. Replacement shall be made within the permit’s original validity or renewal period amounting to 60 days.
  4. Replacement shall be made a maximum of two times.
  5. The original entry permit issued from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs shall be cancelled.
  6. No change shall be made in the profession or gender. Nationality may be changed provided that the establishment shall pay any extra charges arising due to transferring the establishment from a category to another for any other reason.
  7. The worker's passport shall be valid for a period of 6 months.
  8. The worker's age shall not be below 18 years and shall not exceed 60 years.

Documents required
  1. Application for replacement of a work permit 
  2. A copy of the specimen signature card if authorized signatories do not have e-signature cards 
  3. A copy of the new worker's passport 
  4. Colored photograph of the worker 
  5. In case of an application for a doctor, pharmacist, nurse or any other technicians involved in medical professions, a letter of approval from the Ministry of Health or medical authorities shall be attached. 
  6. In case of an application for private school teachers, a letter of approval from the Ministry of Education shall be attached. 
  7. In case of an application for sports trainers, copies of training certificates approved by the General Authority of Youth and Sports shall be attached. 
  8. A copy of the academic certificate attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs 
  9. The original entry permit issued from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs shall have the cancellation seal on it.
Procedure to complete
  1. Applications for replacing work permits shall be printed at printing offices or establishments participating in the Ministry's e-forms program.
  2. Documents required for processing the application shall be scanned through Tas’heel Program, and the application shall be electronically transferred to the Ministry in order to be verified and to check the fulfillment of required conditions and documents.
  3. Fulfillment of the conditions shall be verified and checked as follows:
  • In case of fulfilling the conditions and documents, the transaction shall be executed and the approval shall be electronically transferred to the Ministry's website: In addition, the application shall be referred to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs for completing procedures.
  • In case of any missing documents, the application shall be rejected and the customer shall submit a new application.
Where to apply

The applications can be made at typing centres, service centers of "Tas’heel", or through establishments participating in the Labour Ministry's e-forms program.

Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Cancel GCC visa before applying UAE Visa

Dual Visa in UAE
As per the current rules of the UAE Ministry of Labour a person holding the residence or employment visa issued by any of member country of the GCC will not be issued another one in the UAE. With this regulation a person having residence or employment visa from Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar and Saudi Arabia will not get a work permit in UAE. They should cancel their current one before applying for a work visa in UAE.

For example: If you are working in Oman with an Oman residence visa on your passport and got a job offer from a Dubai company and want to come to the UAE. You cannot move into the UAE for employment without cancelling your current Oman residence visa.

Therefore, in order to obtain a work permit from the United Arab Emirates you should cancel the employment visa held by you from the GCC.

The GCC residents can enter the country as usual and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Residency reserves the right to approve the dual residence visa with the other countries. According to the naturalisation and residency laws and regulations; GCC residents looking for new jobs will be allowed to enter the country on visit visas, before getting employment.

Sunday, 18 August 2013

Employers asked to give report of absentee workers

As per the new rules from UAE Ministry of Labour all employers must inform the ministry  about any employee who is absent from the job for more than seven consecutive days without giving any leave application and an acceptable reason.

UAE Visa status for Bangladeshi workers

Immigration departments in the UAE have put a suspension on issuing work visas to Bangladeshi nationals. The move is a part to reduce the crime rate and illegal immigrants in the country. As per a report from Dubai police crime rate is decreasing with new safety measures taken by them in coordination with immigration department.

Most of the Bangladeshi citizens comes to UAE with a valid visa and later become a part of illegal immigrants. UAE immigration is controlling the issues of visas to reduce the threat faced by the illegal residents.

The Bangladesh Association of International Recruiting Agencies (BAIRA) said that the UAE visas for bangladeshi workers is currently stopped. Old visas will get renewed for those who have new electronic readable passports with biometric information.

There has been no confirmation of any ban or change in policy on visas by the Ministry of Labour. The block may be removed on a future date.

Tuesday, 13 August 2013

How to apply for or renew Emirates ID card online

Emirates ID Authority has launched a new advanced e-form which can be used to apply for or renew national ID cards through online for residents across the UAE.

The online applicants can use this to fill the application form easily either in Arabic or English within 10 minutes. This will save the 30 Dirhams typing fee for users. Applicants using typing offices will have to pay the typing fees.

The fees payment for Emirates ID can be made online using credit cards.

The applicant has to create an online account on to get the application form. Once the form is filled and payment is made, a SMS will be sent to the applicant’s mobile number given at the time of registration with RAN [Registration Application Number]. If required the application can be printed for the reference.

Emiratis have to scan and upload original passport and family book while expatriates have to scan the original passport only. Expatriates have to scan the first page and the valid visa page of the passport along with the online Emirates ID application.

Sunday, 11 August 2013

Labour Ban for Quitting Job on Vacation

Wants to know if a labour ban may be imposed when you quit a UAE job while abroad.

A ban may be imposed on you if you have worked in a company and quit your job while on vacation. It doesn’t matter that how many years you have worked for this company.

If you went for a vacation and didn’t return for work due to some reason then you may be imposed with a labour ban by the Ministry of Labour in UAE. This is applicable for an employee with unlimited contract and valid visa. The procedure of giving resignation while on vacation is not acceptable as per UAE Labour Law. The original passport should be submitted to your company for visa cancellation.

The quitting of job while on vacation is contrary to the UAE Labour Law and therefore the residence of the person will be cancelled automatically by the Department of Naturalization and Residency. Then the sponsor of the employee may submit application to the Ministry of Labor along with the cancellation of the residence by the Department of Naturalization and Residency.

The sponsor company may ask the Ministry of Labor to cancel the labor card of employee as well as to impose one year work ban by the Ministry of labour. In this the person will not be able to enter UAE for work visa until after one year. He cannot apply for a new job in Dubai in this case.

Friday, 2 August 2013

How to get UAE Visit Visa for relatives

by Zainulthplus Tag

The visa rules from General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs requires the following documents to get visit visa to UAE for sponsor's relatives with blood relation - brother or sister.

1. The sponsor's salary shall be Dhs5,000 and accommodation or Dhs6,000 without accommodation. This salary should be shown in the bank statement.

2. Original employment contract attested from the immigration department by paying a fee of Dhs 130.

3. Visit visa fees of Dhs620 and Dhs2,000 as security deposit.

4. Period of visit visa will be for 30 days and it is non-renewable and non-extendable.

5. There is a second option for a period of 90 days visit for Dhs1,120 and security deposit of Dh2,000. Also, this visa is non-renewable and non-extendable.

Security deposit is refundable at the expiry of visa by making an application along with the original receipt when the person exit from the UAE.

If the visa holder whether for 30 or 90 days period exits from the UAE he will be able to obtain a new visit visa only after 30 days from the date of departure.

Search Here