Know the Law - Want to sponsor parents in UAE?

Seeking help from the immigration department may get the visa for parents if you don't meet sponsorship criteria.

Know the rules of visas If you want to get a residence visa for your father or mother under your sponsorship?

As per the immigration laws in the UAE, an individual might be able to sponsor the UAE residence visas for the parents if he/she is getting a monthly salary of Aed 20,000 or above, or is getting a minimum monthly salary of Dirhams 19,000 plus accommodation facility is providing by the company or employer. Moreover the residence visas have to be sponsored by him/her for both the parents combined, which means either father or mother cannot be sponsored alone unless the necessary documents are submitted verifying that the parents are divorced or one of them is deceased.

Additionally, a basic mandatory insurance policy of Aed 600 must be taken from an authorised insurance provider for each parent.

If you are coming under the criteria for the minimum salary, you may approach the humanitarian section of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in the UAE and submit a letter from your side appealing on humanitarian grounds along with the documents for entry visa of your parent. Please mention your contact numbers.

The Approval Committee will either allow sponsorship or reject your application within two weeks after analysing all aspects of the visa application.

KNOW THE VISA LAW: Individuals may sponsor residence visas for parents if he/she is getting a monthly salary of AED 20,000 or above, or is having a minimum monthly salary of AED 19,000 plus accommodation provided by the company or employer of the sponsor.

Documents required
Typed application form from registered typing centres
Original passport of sponsor and parent/s
One photo each of the parent/s
Attested proof of relationship from your embassy or consulate and proof that you are the sole provider and care taker for your parent/s
Copy of job contract for the sponsor or salary certificate from employer.

Post a comment