How to get Residence Visa for new born baby in Dubai

You must make an application for a residency visa in Dubai for a new-born baby within 120 days of his/her birth. First of all you should request the birth certificate of the child from the hospital where he/she has born.
For birth certificate following are the requirements and this is applicable to all non-UAE citizens.

  1. Filled request form for birth certificate
  2. Discharge card plus Vaccination book
  3. Valid original passports of father and mother of the newborn baby with valid residency visas along with photocopy
  4. Attested original marriage certificate along with photocopy

After presenting these documents, the hospital will issue the birth certificate in Arabic. The translation of this certificate into English can be done by attestation service in Al Baraha Hospital. A translator at attestation counter can translate your baby’s birth certificate into English and attested by Ministry of Health counter in Al Baraha Hospital, Deira for a fee of AED.10/-. Then it should be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Al Seef Road, Bur Dubai by paying a fee of AED.150.

Then you should proceed to your Consulate or Embassy and make a passport application for the new born baby. After getting the passport you can make the application for UAE Residence Visa. You should not exceed the 120 days grace period for obtaining the UAE Residence Visa application. Failure to do comply with this will result in getting fines.

Following steps are the final requirements in getting UAE Residence Visa for newborn babies. The following documents should be submitted to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs - Dubai in Al Jaffliya (Near Jaffliya Metro Station).

  • Application form
  • Original passport of the baby
  • Original plus one copy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs attested baby’s birth certificate
  • 3 passport sized colour photos of the baby
  • Original plus one copy of the attested marriage certificate
  • Passport copy and Emirates ID copy of sponsor
  • Copy of attested job contract for the sponsor
  • Emirates ID application for the baby

You can get the application form for residence visa and emirates id from certified typing centres in Dubai.  You should submit the documents to GDRFA-D counter at residency department along with Zajel sticker (pay AED.20 for this) for the delivery of your baby’s passport stamped with the residency visa.

Post a comment