Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Emirates Tourist Visa

Emirates ticketing counters located in Dubai arranges tourist visa for family members and near relatives of UAE residence holders. These are issued for a maximum of 30 days for AED.275 and can be renewed for an additional 30 days by paying a fee of AED.710

The issue of these visas is subject to the approval from immigration department and entry into the UAE will be allowed only if a valid visa is issued. This is valid for 59 days from the date of issue which means that the passenger should enter into the UAE before the 60th day from issue date.
The sponsor in the UAE can make an application for the visas at the Emirates ticketing counters located various parts of Dubai.

Contact Nos. of Emirates offices in UAE

Dubai (04 2144444)
Abu Dhabi (02 6911777)
Sharjah (06 5690759)
Al Ain (03 7062100)

Please make sure that all of the following documents are submitted: 
  1. A colour photograph of applicant.
  2. The passport copy of applicant and it must be valid for at least 6 months from the application date.
  3. Original application form (available from all Emirates Travel Hubs) in Arabic or English – based on the applicant’s nationality, with addresses and contact numbers of originating country and in Dubai. Both addresses are must. Application can be downloaded from Emirates website in English or Arabic
  4. Passport copy of Sponsor with valid UAE residence visa page copy.
  5. Labour contract and service letter from the Sponsor.
  6. Trade license copy of the Sponsor if he is self employed.
  7. Copy of Emirates Airlines ticket issued in the UAE only.
  1. The visa fees must be paid while submitting the application.
  2. The passenger must travel to and from Dubai on Emirates Airlines only, and the ticket must be purchased prior to the submission of application for the visa.
  3. The ticket is non-refundable if the visa has been issued and utilized.
  4. Visa processing will take 3 to 4 working days.

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Dubai Visa for Indian Citizens

UAE Visa for Indian Passport Holders
All Indian citizens with Indian passports which are valid for more than six months can get a tourist or residence visa to live in the UAE. Now, the citizens of India and other foreign nationals that reside in India who are travelling to Dubai on Emirates Airlines can apply for visa through the DVPC.

Tourist visa for an Indian National, holding a normal passport should be arranged by a resident sponsor in UAE. It can also be obtained on booking a hotel in UAE or through the Emirates Airlines Office or the Air Arabia Office or through a Travel Agent in India or Dubai. The visas for Indians who have a diplomatic or official passport will be issued by UAE Embassy in India.    

In order to get your current residence cancelled in your passport, you need to contact your current sponsor in UAE who had arranged the visa for you. Visit or tourist entry permit will be cancelled automatically when you exit from the UAE. Your sponsor is the single authority to cancel your previous residence stamping in the passport. Without getting the previous one cancelled, you cannot get a new UAE visa and you cannot travel to UAE.

Document Requirements
  • Valid passport with at least 6-month validity from the date of travel.
  • Application Form
  • 2 Photos Passport size photo (4.3cms x 5.5 cms) is required.
  • Invitation
  • Return Confirmed ticket through Emirates only
In case the passenger is invited by someone, the invitation is valid only within blood relations i.e. husband/wife or parents/children.

Note: Invitee must send a copy of the labour contract attested by Emirates Visa Section.

Sunday, 19 May 2013

Refund procedure for not used DNRD Application

All immigration applications that are paid will be refunded if they are not processed (used) by GDRFA-Dubai. The eDNRD application amount which was paid through eform will be refunded if the refund request is made within 30 days (for credit card payments within 45 days) from the payment date of the application for visa, cancellation request or other immigration transactions.

The eform refund request should be duly filled by the applicant in the prescribed format and should be submitted at the eform counter in GDRFA main offices. The refund request can be downloaded from the eform website.

Eform is the online website from DNRD for making all kinds of UAE immigration applications and their payment through online channels. It has made it easier for public to easily access immigration services and less time in the DNRD offices.

The eform counter operated by emaratech will issue a receipt for your refund request and will process this for validation. After the validation the amount will be refunded back to you. If you have paid by credit card the amount will be refunded to your credit card. If you have typed your application through a typing center then the refund will come to the sponsor’s bank account given in the refund application.

Individual sponsor should submit the refund application directly at the counter. Company applications should be submitted through PRO of the company.

Sunday, 12 May 2013

Residence Visa in Ajman Freezone


Employees should submit an application for residence visa to work under Ajman Free Zone Authority (AFZA) sponsorship and stay in the UAE for 3 years. 

Required Documents

Application form should be filled from the AFZA website and should be signed by the employer & employee and stamped with company seal.
  • 3 copies of the employment contract with signature of the first party and company stamp.
  • 4 photographs with white background
  • Original employment visa which has entrance stamp and eye scan stamp or transfer visa form
  • Original passport (must be valid not less than 6 months)
  • Valid Medical Health Report (must be valid & stamped)
  • Emirates ID Application
  • Finger print (must be valid & stamped)
  • Company Trade License copy (must be stamped)
  • Establishment card copy (must be valid)

Fees for Residence Visa in Ajman Freezone
Residence Visa normal Dh. 760
Residence Visa urgent   Dh. 850


  • Company owner or company PRO should be present while applying for residence visa for the employee.
  • Any delay after the 60 days of stamping the Employment Visa will attract a fine of Aed.25 daily and monthly Aed.500 (if the period exceeds more than one month)
  • A Power of Attorney must be submitted to the AFZA in case the owner/manager authorizes a person to sign the application for visa services on his behalf in his absence. If the owner is inside the country then the Power of Attorney must attested from any court in UAE. If the owner is outside the UAE then the authority letter (Power of Attorney) must be attested from the UAE embassy in the foreign country (where owner currently stay) and Ministry of foreign affairs in the UAE.

For more details contact Ajman FreeZone Authority

Monday, 6 May 2013

Work Visa to Dubai

If you come to Dubai to work, the company usually will arrange your work visa. To get the work visa you must have your degree or other academic qualification authenticated by a notary in your home country and stamped by the Embassy of United Arab Emirates (UAE) in your home country and final attestation from the Foreign Affairs department in UAE, the contract of employment, and of course, your original passport in order (make sure that have a validity of more than six months to enter the country).

To take no surprises consultation with the UAE Embassy in your home country or own embassy in the UAE (if you're already in UAE) will clear the doubts. www.dnrd.ae is the official website of Dubai Immigration department and the link will get you latest information about all visas.

If you enter with a tourist visa, you must get your work visa within 30 days granted you, so it is very important that you come prepared with documents. Once you have your work visa, the next step will be to obtain a final permit of residence, which is now granted for two years, so you'll need to pass a medical examination at the Government Health Centre.

We repeat that the company usually handles but sometimes the immigration for your spouse and family will have to do by yourself. The Emirates ID card is an identification card for all residents in the UAE and it is necessary item for you and your whole family to stay in the UAE. The official website of this ID is: http://www.emiratesid.ae

Read also:


Labour Card Cancellation of Employees outside the UAE


Ministry of Labour allows the Labour Card Cancellation of employees who are currently outside the UAE if some conditions are met. UAE employees who stay outside the Emirates for more than six months can have their work-permit cards cancelled. The company must submit evidence of absence along with the required documents of employee dues settlement. As per the labour laws, the labour card will be automatically cancelled after six months if the worker resides out of UAE for six months.

  1. The residence visa of employee should be cancelled at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
  2. All fees due for the company for not issuing or renewing the labour card on time must be paid.
  3. The establishment should have an e-signature card.  

The application for cancelling labour card for an employee who has been outside the UAE for more than 6 months should be submitted to the MOL along with a copy of the specimen signature card of the company.

Steps for Cancellation

  1. The employee should first cancel his/her residence visa in the immigration at General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
  2. The application for cancelling work-permit card for an employee who has been outside the UAE must be printed and signed, and required documents should be scanned at typing offices, Tasheel service centers or through the establishments participating in the Ministry's e-forms program.
  3. If the above conditions are met, then the transaction will be executed. The company can get the approval notice and number by visiting the Ministry's website:  http://www.mol.gov.ae

The application for cancelling the work-permit card of a worker who has left the UAE must be submitted in the MOL website through typing offices, Tasheel service centers or through the centers participating in the Ministry's e-forms program.

Thursday, 2 May 2013

Lifting of Six Month Labour Ban in UAE

Labour Ban is imposed on all expatriate employees in UAE who are working in private sector when they want to change from one employer to another company if they left the current employer without having completed a minimum of two years service.

Employees working in the UAE who receive a 6 month labour ban for breaking employment contract within 2 years can have the ban lifted if the following conditions are met. The UAE Ministry of Labour state that the ban lift is possible is the employee is changing job for the companies under the same sponsor. But there will be no problem if the employee has a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the current sponsor. Then he will be able to change job to another company under a different sponsor.
  • Minimum qualification held for the worker is a high school diploma. 
  • Minimum salary in new position is AED 5,000 for HS Diploma holders, AED 7,000 for diploma holders, and AED 12,000 for Bachelor degree holders.

An employment ban, labour ban, work permit ban are used for the same thing which means you are not allowed to perform any kind of work in the UAE for a certain period of time and these are imposed for 6 months, 1 year, or permanent.
  • 6 month ban will be imposed when leaving a job without completing minimum period. This will be put on issuing a new work permit or labour card from the Ministry of Labour (MOL). 
  • A 1 year ban will be imposed at the request of sponsor if a worker resigns before the completion of a limited period contract. 
  • A permanent ban will be imposed on absconding employees, or those who violates the labour law.
The notification will not be stamped in your passport but when a new employer submits an application for the new work permit to the MOL, it will automatically be rejected if a ban is on your computer file. This will not affect the entry to visit the UAE using a visit visa or tourist visa.

Search Here