Types of UAE Residence Visas

The type of residence visas that you require for stay in the UAE depends on several different factors such as the purpose of your stay. Obtaining a visa to live in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah or other emirates is a must for the expatriates.

  • Employee residence visa in UAE is familiar for almost all expatriates. The employer should take care of all the documents required for your stay in the emirates. The employee will need to make a visit to the medical centre run by Department of Health Authority and complete a medical screening including blood test for communicable diseases and x-ray for tuberculosis. Tuberculosis and Hepatitis patients will not get approval for their resident stamping in passport.
  • Family residence visa in UAE is issued for current residents to sponsor their husband or wife, and children.
  • Investor residence visa in UAE is normally a cheap option for those who didn't have a job or doesn’t own a property and want to live in Dubai. The option is make an investment of 70,000 dirhams and start a business in UAE. The investor will get an investor visa and live as a resident in Abu Dhabi, Dubai or other emirates.
  • Maid residence visa in UAE is issued for sponsoring a maid for the residents of UAE. Certain criteria should be met to sponsor a maid in Dubai.
  • Property residence visa in UAE was issued to property owners. These types of visas are now not available. A replacement method in the form of 6 month multiple entry UAE visit visa is offered currently.
  • Relative residence visa in UAE is available to sponsor your parents, parents-in-law, brothers or sisters. An application has to be approved specially by GDRFA and a security deposit of 5,000 Dirhams should be made to obtain this.
  • Student residence visa in UAE is available for full-time college level students at UAE colleges and universities. These visas should be renewed annually. Secondary and primary level students can be under the sponsorship of one of their parents.

Post a comment