Friday, 28 February 2014

UAE citizens get Schengen Visa exemption

The European Parliament (EP) positively voted on Thursday to grant visa-free travel for UAE citizens to countries in the Schengen region in Europe.This was announced during a meeting held on Thursday in Strasbourg. The meeting posted a majority vote of 523 out of 577 EU members to support visa waiver.
The EU's endorsement of the visa waiver status for UAE citizens traveling to Schengen region is considered as an important stage which will be followed by setting up of a system to implement the decision.The process arrangements to put the decision in to effect will begin by setting up of a joint working team of the UAE and EU, which will implement the decision as soon as possible.

This team will intensify its operations to speed up the process of the establishment of decision as a prelude to the last announcement to allow UAE citizens visa free travel to Schengen cities. Dr. Anwar bin Mohammed Gargash,  UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs from Strasbourg congratulated the President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, for this great historic achievement saying that this historic vote is the result of two years of organised and relentless work which was under the leadership of Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Foreign Minister, who followed all its stages from the beginning.

Thursday's EU voting is a reflection of the good reputation enjoyed by the UAE and its achievements on the regional and world levels, Gargash stated and added that the UAE will be the first country in the Arab region which got visa waiver for Schengen countries.

The European Parliament has voted by majority representatives to exempt Emirati nationals from the requirement of a Schengen visa during the vote session held on thursday at Strasbourg. Schengen visa waiver will now allow UAE citizens to travel free to Schengen countries without a visa.

Monday, 24 February 2014

Options for Dubai Visit Visa renewal or extension

The citizens of countries who are eligible to receive a free visit visa on arrival in Dubai have 2 options for visa renewal or extensions.

Visa extension - can be done only one time for 30 days at the DNRD counter.
The fee for this process is approximately dirhams 500 and procedure is comparitively quick and easy.

Visa renewal - process requires you to exit from uae through a border check point and come back directly into the UAE with a new 30 day visit visa on arrival (this is actually not a renewal). The time usually takes for this is considered depending on how far away you are living in uae from a border point, the advantage is that you don't have to pay aed. 500 fees.
This can be repeated multiple times by the citizens of 36 countries who will get visa on arrival in uae.

Hatta to Oman visa run in Dubai, UAE

Documents needed for visarun: original passport, car insurance for Oman if driving a private owned vehicle.

Drive to Hatta Oman border check point. The road wentthrough a section of Oman before reaching Hatta where there are drive-through UAE checkpoints where you will be asked to present your passport and other documents. 
Sometimes documents will not be checked at drive through check points.

From the Hatta roundabout continue driving straight towards Oman. After a few kilometers you can see the main UAE border checkpoint where you must stop and park your car in the parking lot, then go to the passport counter and get an exit stamp from the UAE immigration.

Continue driving for a few more km to reach the Oman border check post for customs and immigration. First check point will be by Omani customs checking your car. They may or may not search your car.

Next stop should be at the immigration department which is a large building where your passport will be stamped with entry and exit stamps for Oman. There is a large sign board that displays "New Visa". You can park you car there in front of the building.

Get inside the building with your original passport, go to the immigration counter. You may be asked by the officials if you are going to Oman for just "in and out" or  for any other purpose. If asked or not asked, say that you are doing a "visa change". You should get both entry and exit stamp for Oman at the same counter. If exit is not stamped, then walk to other side of department and get an exit stamp.

Now you can start driving back towards Dubai. At the Oman customs point you don't need to stop.

At the UAE border post you must get into the immigration building to get an entry stamp. The drive-through check points are for Emiratis (and probably GCC citizens).

The process is now completed. Now you can get back to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah or other emirates.


Keep all small pieces of paper you are receiving at various checkpoints - you'll need to hand over them at the next one or somewhere else.

Watch out for speed bumps and speed cameras between the border posts and checkpoints - there are a few of them.

A small shop of Dubai Duty Free is there when you enter the UAE from Oman at the UAE border post. No alcohol is available here.

There are six border crossings available from the United Arab Emirates into Oman.

* Hatta and Al Wajajah
* Hilli and Buraimi (Al Ain)
* Ibri and Nizwa
* Khatmat Milahah from Fujairah
* from Ras al Khaimah emirate to Bukha/Musandam
* from Fujeirah emirate to Dibba/Musandam.

The Hatta-Oman border is a common choose for “visa runs”; because it is a 250 km round trip from Dubai downtown: without any stop it will take around 180 minutes, for one side run.

Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Visitor under Court Case

If a case has been registered before a court in Dubai against a visitor on visit visa; then a departure permit is required after his case was finalized. Criminal and civil cases in Dubai are strictly monitored to provide transparency and maintenance of correct law.

The following documents has to be submitted for issuing a Departure Permit for a sponsored with a Visit Entry Permit, after his case was finalized.

1. (To whom it may concern) certificate issued by the competent authority clarifying the start date and end date of his case (i.e. Stop Search .)
2. (Original and copy) of the sponsored’s Passport.
3. Travel ticket, as the Departure Permit will not be issued if the air ticket to exit from UAE is not available.

A fees of AED110+ AED50 has to paid at the bank counter in immigration department for the issuance of a permit to leave.

Tuesday, 18 February 2014

UK electronic visa waiver introduced for Oman, Qatar and UAE

The passport holders from United Arab Emirates, Qatar or Oman can visit the UK (only for tourism, business or study purposes) through the new electronic visa waiver (EVW) system and stay upto 6 months. The new rule is effective from 01-Jan-2014.

The electronic visa waiver form can be filled online and submit to UK immigration for free of charge and the process is faster than applying for a UK visa. The applicants do not need to provide biometric information (photo and fingerprints). There is no need to attend a visa application centre or hand over your passport in advance of travel.

You cannot use this EVW system to travel if you wish to:

  1. Study or stay in the UK for more than 6 months
  2. Join for work in UK
  3. Plan to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK

Basic details

  • An electronic visa waiver can be applied up to 3 months before the travel date and must be completed at least 48 hours before departure to the UK
  • Change in your travel plans require the completion of a new EVW form. Contact the carrier if your flight schedule changes.
  • Each traveller must present a paper copy of their electronic visa waiver at the departure point (air, sea or train) and again at the arrival time in UK. Electronic copies on phones, tablets or personal computers will not be accepted
  • The personal details on the EVW form must exactly match by the details shown in the passport being used to travel to the UK, including any other characters like hyphens or apostrophes
  • The travel details on the EVW form must exactly match the journey being made. If they do not match, you will not be able to travel
  • Each EVW document is only valid for a single entry to the UK
  • In addition to your electronic visa waiver document, you must also present your original passport on departure and again on arrival in the UK

For more details visit :

Monday, 17 February 2014

How to get Tourist Visa in Abu Dhabi

People coming to Abu Dhabi can get a tourist visa or Tourism Entry Permit from establishments and authorities working in the tourism industry. These are classified as accredited travel agencies, tour operators or authorised hotels and they can only request a tourism entry permit. You can not start permanent living in Abu Dhabi with a tourist visa.

The establishments should provide cheque payment with a financial guarantee of AED75,000 to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Abu Dhabi at the time of applying for the establishment card.

Please follow the steps below to get your visa:

    Fill in the application form and pay the fees at any typing centre.
    Submit the printed application along with the required documents at the Entry Permits Department.
    Receive the permit by Empost or immediately in case of submitting the urgent application.

Required Documents

  1. Original entry permit application with a coloured photo with white background affixed in the application duly signed and stamped by the sponsor.
  2. Passport copy of the sponsored which is valid for at least six moths.
  3. Tourism programme of the sponsored should be given to GDRFA Abu Dhabi with the information like arrival and departure date, place of residency and places intended to visit.

Tourism entry permit costs AED110 and extra fee for urgent application AED100 has to pay if you require the visa immediately.

Neither a tourist visa nor a visitor visa does not allows you to join any company for employment or any kind of work in Abu Dhabi. Moreover, a tourist visa cannot be transferred into a work entry permit.

Call GDRFA Abu Dhabi on +971 2 402 4500 for more information and latest updates. Permanent living in Abu Dhabi requires a residence visa.

Thursday, 13 February 2014

No ban on visas sponsored by spouse

No ban on visas sponsored by spouse
Below is a case study and the law regarding labour ban on visa sponsored by spouse.

A wife joined a Dubai based company and her visa is under husband sponsorship.Due to job pressure and internal problems she doesn’t want to continue at the job for her current employer.

The current employer insists that if she resigns within probation period (six months), she will have to pay the processing fee of labour card.The question is whether they should pay the labour card fee and will there a work ban on her?

From the legal view it is advised that the wife is not liable to pay the labour card processing fee as it is the responsibility of employer to bear this fees. The company cannot ask her to make any payments towards any of the expenses that should have made by the employer to obtain her labour card/work permit.

As per the current rules no ban is imposed by the Ministry of Labour on employees whose residence visa is sponsored by their spouse/family.

Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Emirates id delivery by robot flight

See the exotic development for id delivery. Considering the developments made by Dubai govt. this is possible though I haven't received Emirates ID through drone delivery. However it is a good technological idea for future. In the video an Emirati selects the option of ID card delivery through drone from his smart phone. The officer at Id card office prints the card and send it through the drone. The drone then lands in the yard of Emirati and he takes the card from the wallet of unmanned drone and the robot flight flies back to the office.

Click the link to watch the video of Emirates ID delivery through drone.

Monday, 10 February 2014

No ban if one does not wish to renew employment contract

No labour ban will be imposed by the Ministry of Labour on employee whose visa is under spouse or family sponsorship.

If you are working in a company for 2 years and wish to change work for another employer at the time of expiry your current visa.
In this case you will not have to face the ban imposed by the Ministry of Labour. As a ban by the Ministry of Labour may not be imposed, pursuant to the provisions of the Ministerial Resolution No (1186) for 2010 on “Rules and Conditions of Granting a New Work Permit to an Employee after Termination of the Work Relationship in Order to Move from One Establishment to Another” (the “Resolution”).

Article 2 of the Resolution provides situations in which a labour ban may not be imposed. It states: “The following two conditions must be met in order to grant the work permit mentioned in Article (1) of this resolution:

(1) Agreement between the employee and the employer to conclude the work relationship.

(2) The employee must have spent at least two years with the employer.

Pursuant to the above mentioned provision of the Resolution no ban should be imposed on you by the Ministry of Labour as you do not intend to renew your contract with your current employer after it lapses. Apart from the provision mentioned hereinabove, a ban shall also not be applicable, if you are being offered the standard salary as per your qualification. This is in accordance with the provision of Article 4 of the Resolution, which states: “As an exception to the provision of Item No. (2) of Article (2) of this Resolution, the Ministry may issue a work permit to the employee without requiring the two-year period in the following cases:

(a) In the event that the employee is starting his new position at the first, second or third professional levels after fulfilling the conditions for joining any of these levels according to the rules in force at the Ministry, and provided that his new wage is not less than Dh12,000 at the first professional level, Dh7,000 at the second professional level and Dh5,000 at the third professional level”.

Saturday, 8 February 2014

Warning about fake Indian Visa site

Embassy of India in Abu Dhabi has issued a warning against a fake website titled “Online Indian Visa Application Form” and asked public to not use this site while applying for Indian visa.

The Indian mission issued the warning circular on Thursday as it noticed that the website, available at URL, claims to have knowledge in Indian tourist, business and long-term entry visa to India.

This fake website asks users to pay a service fee of US Dollar 90 or equivalent amount in Pounds, Euros or Indian Rupees.This website is only charging service fees and is asking applicants to pay visa fees later when applying at the visa service centre.

The Embassy was informed that some applicants approached various visa application centres run by BLS International Visa & Passport Services in the UAE after filling up the online visa application on this website and having made the payment for service fee.

From the investigation it is found out someone had created a website similar to the Online Visa Application website of Government of India and are deceiving people to pay service fee.“The original authentic website for online visa application has URL address Applicants are advised not to make any online payments for any visa service,” said the Indian embassy spokesperson.
Separately on Thursday news agencies reported that tourists travelling to India from 180 countries will be able to apply online and then receive the green light within five days, before getting their visa at an airport on arrival.The new visa rule will come into effect later this year.

Monday, 3 February 2014

Police Letter needed in case of lost passport

Lost passport in UAE
Al Qusais Police Station in Dubai
A complaint should be registered in the police station in case of lost passport in UAE. If you have lost your passport and doesn’t able to retrieve it; then a letter from the police department addressed to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigner’s Affairs should be obtained before applying for a new passport.

Before applying for a new passport with your Consulate or Embassy, you must first make a police complaint and obtain a certificate from the police addressed to the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigner’s Affairs) which will mention that you have lost your passport.

The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs will provide you with a printout of your visa status. Once you have obtained this letter, you may contact your Consulate or Embassy in UAE and apply for a new passport. When you get your new passport you should go back to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs and apply for stamping residence visa on your passport.

Source: Khaleejtimes

Search Here