Labour Ban is imposed on all expatriate employees in UAE who are working in private sector when they want to change from one employer to another company if they left the current employer without having completed a minimum of two years service.
Employees working in the UAE who receive a 6 month labour ban for breaking employment contract within 2 years can have the ban lifted if the following conditions are met. The UAE Ministry of Labour state that the ban lift is possible is the employee is changing job for the companies under the same sponsor. But there will be no problem if the employee has a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the current sponsor. Then he will be able to change job to another company under a different sponsor.
- Minimum qualification held for the worker is a high school diploma.
- Minimum salary in new position is AED 5,000 for HS Diploma holders, AED 7,000 for diploma holders, and AED 12,000 for Bachelor degree holders.
An employment ban, labour ban, work permit ban are used for the same thing which means you are not allowed to perform any kind of work in the UAE for a certain period of time and these are imposed for 6 months, 1 year, or permanent.
- 6 month ban will be imposed when leaving a job without completing minimum period. This will be put on issuing a new work permit or labour card from the Ministry of Labour (MOL).
- A 1 year ban will be imposed at the request of sponsor if a worker resigns before the completion of a limited period contract.
- A permanent ban will be imposed on absconding employees, or those who violates the labour law.
The notification will not be stamped in your passport but when a new employer submits an application for the new work permit to the MOL, it will automatically be rejected if a ban is on your computer file. This will not affect the entry to visit the UAE using a visit visa or tourist visa.