(UID) Number. As per the law; Emirates ID card holder or their legal representatives are required to report the loss or damage or theft of their Emirates ID card to the nearest Emirates ID registration centre within 7 days and apply for a replacement.
The holder is responsible if he doesn’t report the loss or theft within the stipulated time. Otherwise he or she will be legally bonded for not informing the authority.
The Identity card holder is responsible for notifying the authority when his/her Identity card is lost or stolen. They should visit the nearest registration center in order to cancel the Identity card and issue “ID number certificate”. This will initiate the process for issuing a replacement card.
The authority provides two ways to apply for the replacement card. The applicant can use the authorized typing offices or through the eform available on the authority’s website. Then the applicant has to visit one of the authority’s registration centers located across the UAE to finish the procedure.
Procedure to complete for replacement card
- Kindly click here for the e-Service or follow the steps below:
- Visit the nearest Emirates ID registration centre and request a stamped certificate of ID Number.
- Submit the required documents at any authorized typing centre.
- Receive the replacement card.
- Original Valid passport
- Family book For UAE nationals
- Old card in the case of damaged card
- Valid residence visa stamped in the passport for expatriates
The replacement Emirates ID which is linked to a residency visa will expire on the same date as the original ID card.